13 September 2026

This Has Happened Before

Florida is experiencing a bad drought.

It's either the worst in 15 years or the worst ever.  Sources are stepping on each other.

I was trying to find a picture of a pet and ended up finding a picture of my, mostly dead, grass in my back yard from 2004.

I did a bit of Googling and found Florida was experiencing a drought in 2004.

My lawn looks better now than it did then, so my particular patch of grass is not seeing a worse drought than 22 years ago.  It is clear, though, that we are still in drought conditions.

Five years ago my grass was LUSH!

That photo also proves that all we need is some rain and the grass will get lush again.

Until the next drought. 

1 comment:

  1. We had a far worse drought period leading up to the 1998 Florida Firestorms. That's where there were patches of the Ocala National Forest that burned so bad that the ground was sterile for years.

    Much much worse than now,

    Here in North Central Florida, we had almost 20 inches of rain last month.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.