Some write ups comparing the fire control of the M60A3 and M1 make it seem like there's no reason to use the M1 fire control system.
Both are fully stabilized.
Both use laser range finders.
Both have wind sensors.
Fruit, fruit. Tits, tits.
The M1 computer has more processing power and does the job faster, but it doesn't make a big difference when the time choke-point is the loader.
The gun is slaved to the sight.
What this means is when I'm tracking a target and stab the lase button, my view, and the crosshairs stay on the target and the turret shifts.
But what makes the M1 system better?
In a word, integration.
The M1, and it's fire control computer, were designed together.
The M60's system is an add-on that had to work with existing hardware and that makes it a bit clunky. This article gives a decent description.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.
Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.
If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.
If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.