13 September 2026

Chinks In Armor

Chink is a word to describe a gap in armor protection that dates back, at least, to the early 16th century.

It is also a word to describe a sharp, clear metallic sound, dating from the late 16th century.

It is ALSO a racial slur dating from the very beginning of the 20th century.

Which means you need some context when you say, "I'm targeting chinks in armor."

Is it an innocuous attempt at aiming for a gap in the protection, or a racist way of saying you're attacking the Chinese troops?

I remember this being an issue on a few fora.

Thankfully, the older word remains.  Even in GURPS 4eR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.