Tell me what you're going to say.
Say it.
Tell me what you just said.
That's normal, everyday, stuff we've seemed to have lost.
Yes, this is do as I say, not as I do because I'm not placing myself as someone who's trying to keep my readers informed.
But over and over the people who are trying to place themselves as information sources keep forgetting to tell me why they're explaining something for such a long time that I can't tell what their point is.
And if YouTube inserts an ad into your explanation before you reach that point, I'm stabbing the back button.
Let us also be honest.
The reason you're rambling like you are is to make the video long enough that the algorithm moves it up past the point where you get paid for putting it up there.
But cramming a few seconds of content into several minutes of video just means most of the video could be skipped and after a few of them, I know that's how you work and I will seek other sources for information on the topic.
Clues that your youtuber will waste your time:
Recites their resume and lists their awards at the beginning of every video.
Explains why you'd be watching a how-to video about how-to repair something.
Begins by answering a question not yet stated.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.
Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.
If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.
If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.