04 April 2017

Mutter Mutter Mutter

Took Mollie Bean to the range.


Followed the instructions to get the battle-sight zero at 19.5 yards.  Broke my Tapco sight tool trying to lower the front post to raise the group.

Dammit!

Figure it's the cheapness of the tool so I set about getting a replacement.

Get two for good measure.

I managed to raise the post almost out of the gun, counting the number of turns.

The same number of turns sticks the post but good.  Now I break both the new tools trying to get the damn thing back out!  I am almost at the drill-it-out stage.  Almost.

I managed to bend one of the new tools back so it will still work on a properly spec'd post on an SKS.

In better news, Blanche, the $100 rifle...


... doesn't shoot too bad at all.  That's six rounds at a mere 25 yards, but for $100 what more can you ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.