21 December 2016

Real Vs Fake

When a vendor is actually sending you a package, but the post office hasn't picked it up yet you get:

"Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item." 
"A shipping label has been prepared for your item at [TIME] on [DATE] in [PLACE OF ORIGIN]. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date."

That means they've paid the postage and are waiting for the post office to come get it.

But what does this mean?

"Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item." 
"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on [DATE] to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if/when available."

That means they've told the post office to be ready to pick up a package and to bill them for the postage upon receipt.

That second message doesn't necessarily mean fraud, but it is how unscrupulous vendors get around a place like Amazon's rules for prompt shipping.  They can pass the blame onto a fourth party, the post office.

I am not entirely sure of the scam being pulled, but Global Defense Gear generated a tracking number for FuzzyGeff on Nov 26 for that handguard I mentioned earlier.  It still reads the USPS is awaiting the item.  On Dec 10 he gave up on them and attempted to purchase the same item from Platinum Deals USA.  They gave him a tracking number and since Dec 11 it's read the same.

Global Defense Gear no longer has a store front on Amazon, but have a 96% positive rating for the past 30 days.  Almost all of the negative reviews are "I did not get my order."

Platinum Deals USA is 98% positive for the last 30 days.  Same pattern of the negative reviews saying, "where the hell is my product?"

I suspect they are the same vendor.  They're using the same photos for their products.  The first 16 digits of the 22 digit tracking numbers are identical.  I noticed on packages I've mailed that the first part of the tracking number is the same for all the packages I've mailed from my local USPS office.

Amazon has refunded FuzzyGeff for both purchases.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm still waiting on parts I ordered from China to get here... They shipped them via Netherlands Post!!! Argh! My packages are going the long way around on a slow boat it seems...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, at least your package is actually moving.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.