01 June 2018

Being Handy

The lawnmower refused to run.

It'd start, run for a about ten seconds then die.

I took its simple ass apart!

Flushed all the old gas, added new gas and a fresh sparkler.

It runs well enough to mow the lawn now.  Which I did.

It still bogs at random but a vigorous shaking cures that.  So I think there's something in the tank that blocks the screen in the sump.

It was NOT happy about the knee high, wet grass, but if I didn't get it done today it'd be beyond what a push-mower could do.

4 comments:

  1. I hate the way new gas means basically having to drain the carb bowl every time I use the damned lawnmower.

    My younger acquaintances have no idea what that funny screw at the bottom of the bowl is. Nor that the float can get stuck.

    Somedays I feel old... wait... I am old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We scrupulously use ethanol free gas in our mower.

      Even that doesn't save you from it becoming varnish.

      Delete
  2. Try two things: Remove and clean the gas tank, there might be some dirt inside. Then add some carburetor cleaner additive, the one that mixed with gas. It should help clean all the internals and removes any water that might be in the line or tank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no water in there. I took its simple ass APART.

      There's some black sealer looking stuff around the screen at the bottom of the tank. I think some of that is loose and blocks the screen at random.

      I put some fuel system cleaner in there too.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.