22 September 2018

Twilight: 1950

We did an alternate history of an alternate history once.

What if World War Three had happened in the 1950's?

I had some fun with my players with that one.

The M16 was listed on the weapons tables I'd made.  Chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO.

"BWAH!?" they say, knowing that the M16 is a 5.56 gun.

"Well, you see, Springfield couldn't keep up with production of the M14, so the AR-10 and FAL are adopted as secondary standards as the M16 (AR-10) and M17 (inch FAL).

Remington is whom I gave the M16 contract and H&R got the M17 contract.  Colt was directed to keep making machine guns.

The M16 proved popular with the players because it was much lighter, despite the Malf of 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.