26 September 2018

Way Back When

Once upon a time...

I remember when I could dial my music player on the computer to random and marvel at how I liked every single song.

This was back when Napster was still a thing.

I had other friends marvel at this phenomenon as well as they populated their iPods.

I figured it out the other day.

It's because the first music you put on your computer or iPod is your favorite stuff.  When hard drives were much smaller, you put the songs you liked off the album instead of the whole album when you ripped the CD; so initially the only music on your device was only the stuff you liked!

Now there's 40gb of everything you've ever owned, and your family's stuff too and random doesn't hit a good song any more often than listening to the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.