10 September 2026

Bribing Me With My Own Money?

President Trump has offered the American people a bribe to vote for Republicans for Congress.

They take both houses, he vows to give all of us $5,000.

Yippie?

That's like $1.2 trillion bucks.

No way this massive cash distribution will, in any way, be inflationary...

Printer go brrrrrrrrrr, I guess because I'm pretty sure the gubmint ain't got no extra $1.2 trillion laying around while they deficit spend normally.

I generally like Trump, but shit like this ticks me off.

I'd much rather he vowed to get the government to spend $5,000 less for every adult.

That'd be some positive change that'd be a real benefit to everyone. 

3 comments:

  1. Even though I voted for him three times, I still haven't got my $2,000 DOGE payback and I doubt we'll see that $5K even if we keep both houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back when the subject of tariffs started being talked about, people were remembering (or acting like they were) that before the income tax, tariffs were how the government was funded. I don't remember where I heard it but one of the things being talked about was using the tariff money coming in to reduce income tax rates, but that would require democrats to vote for it. A tax rebate proportional to what you paid, instead of "$5000 for everyone!!" makes sense. "$5000 for everyone!!" sounds like Oprah Winfrey's "you get a car! and you get a car!" show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this is delivered in the form of a tax credit I'd be happy, although I question the legality. Then again Biden Bucks set a precedent, and that should make the Democrats wail.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.