I was surprised that I owned two of the guns mentioned.
A Savage 99.
A Winchester Model 54.
My 54 is in the wrong caliber, it's in .30-06.
Both guns still shoot just fine.
They exceed both my eyes and my skills.
I was surprised that I owned two of the guns mentioned.
A Savage 99.
A Winchester Model 54.
My 54 is in the wrong caliber, it's in .30-06.
Both guns still shoot just fine.
They exceed both my eyes and my skills.
You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.
Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.
If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.
If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.
What caliber is the Savage? I traded my 99 in .243 and have been kicking my own butt ever since. I covet your rifle.
ReplyDeleteIt's in .300 Savage, like most of them. When Willard "cursed" me with it, .300 Savage was a lot harder to find than lately. I think the ammo makers are making it again because a lot of them got inherited and came out of the closets and are getting shot again.
DeleteIn 1925 I'd also be looking for a surplus M1917 rifle. They were accurate, had good sights and were probably cheaper. Plus 30.06 is still a top hunting caliber
ReplyDeleteMy ex wife's departed father loaned me his Savage 99, back in the mid 1980's. I think it was in .308 caliber, and I really liked the gun. The one time that I remember getting out to hunt deer with him, I was carrying my own dad's 30/40 Krag, and I did get to shoot a small buck with it.
ReplyDeleteIf I had the chance again I certainly would offer to buy the rifle from him.