Gun Stats gives a way too small radius of effect for 40mm grenades.
1 yard vs 8 yards.
Something that burns for 25 seconds, as in the case of an M715, should fill more than a hex.
I can't find a video of anyone using a 40mm smoke round to make an evaluation.
An M18 smoke grenade burns for 50-90 seconds and it really doesn't cover the 7 yard radius promised on p.192 of High Tech.
The M83 kinda does...
But with about on third the burn time, I'm starting to think that a trail of smoke about a yard wide and extending down wind is what you should expect. Wind speed will determine the height and how wide the screen will get.
So maybe 2 yards in still wind for the 40mm and 7 yards is plausible for the hand grenades.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.
Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.
If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.
If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.