02 October 2026

Two Things I Know Happened

There's two things that people (kooks, really) claim never happened that I am assured did happen by a simple test.

The Soviet Union agreed that they happened.

Those two things are the Moon landings and The Holocaust.

Why is the USSR agreeing they happened such a good barometer?

Because it was in their interest to show that they didn't happen.

I noticed, recently, that we're losing the significance of this as the memory of the Cold War is increasingly in us aging Gen-X minds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.