03 August 2015

Rain Rain Go Away

It's been raining solid for about a week here.

Not a gentle rain, but torrential nearly all day everyday with a stalled front right on top of us.

I can't find an online source, but the news said 18" in the past week.

Update:  The nearest station shows 25.50" for July, all but 2.2" have been from the 17th on.  12.25" from the 24th when we had the first round of flooding.  Then we've had 5" in the past three days.

I am astonished how a couple of inches a day, every day, adds up!

This is how it looks down the road from my front porch!


People are taking advantage of the empty lot where the house used to be to get their cars out of the worst of it.

Zoomed in to gauge the depth...


The dip on the street I live on is filling in too.


Because of the slope in my front yard, I'm about three feet above the present water level, I should be OK.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.