23 January 2020

How's This For Nostalgia

I had a "I can't believe I saved these!" moment.

Right before we turned in our M1911A1's there was an attempt made to get all of them running with what resources could be applied at the battalion level.

Old 1164935 got new stocks as a part of this.  For some reason I pocketed the old ones.

For some reason, I hung onto them for the past 30 years.

While looking for something completely unrelated to guns I stumbled across them.

On a lark, I've put them on my CMP M1911A1.


That, there, is genuine wear from a main battle tank's hatch coaming!

1 comment:

  1. Call me a traditionalist, but I prefer the look of those milsurp type grips on a Gov't model sty;e M1911A1. I've got a similar set on my Remington Rand and I also swapped the non-correct looking wooden diamond pattern grips on my Springfield 1911A1.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.