21 January 2020

Glutton For Punishment

The map that came with Interstellar Wars contains most of the Sol Sector, aka The Solomani Rim.

The subsectors coreward and trailing were omitted.

Lord knows I have the world locations for them.

But while the physical world will be the same, it IS almost 3,500 years from the date of the ISW campaign to the normal LBB Traveller era.

Things will have changed.

Look how much England has changed since -1500!

It's a double whammy.

I have to convert from Traveller, sometimes between versions of Traveller, to get the numbers in a digestible format; then convert them to the ISW format.

It's a slog.

I'm also going to the effort of changing the name from those applied during the Rule of Man and generating Vilani for them.

AND I am making a map with AutoCAD because the one included in the game is just not big enough and the stupid background makes it hard to read.

LBB rocked for clarity.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I've been using it a lot. The actual physical worlds are the same, what I'm generating is the population and infrastructure present in c2170.

      Delete
  2. You may not have noticed, but I changed the timeline in my link to "The Interstellar Wars" milieu, and when you click on a world, it shows the UWP at that time (with breakdown and population) and a link to another website that takes the data from Traveller Map and generates a world map. To change the timeline, click on the three lines in the upper right corner, select the clock icon, and voila!

    Probably won't help much, but it was a cool addition since the last time I'd looked at the site.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.