09 January 2020

You Know A Gun Is A Ranged Weapon Right?

I swear I could write an entire series of posts on people who insist that a gun must only be used at knife-fight ranges.

The entire point of ranged weapons is to keep out of range of bigger and stronger assailants.

There are several videos of Krav Maga experts taking out an assailant with a handgun.  Range weapon fail.  Don't get into hand to hand distance with your gun!

Don't let the assailant get that close!

Some of these people who're engaged in health-shaming the old and broken are in for one hell of a surprise someday.

Age does not let anyone escape.

I've a list of friends who were big exercise buffs, working out and keeping fit.  Over and over the story is the same; "I was at the gym and 'something' popped!"  After that pop, they were never able to get back to the level they were at before the popping.  Trying to often led to more "pops".

Now they're just like me!

Also note that when you stop doing a workout that requires 6k calories a day, you need to stop eating 6k calories or you get fat fast.

I'd also like to mention that I'm the culmination of millions of years of evolution that selected for tool using.  To revert to tooth and claw in a fight after becoming a tool-using species is just being stupid.

Thanks to a relatively rough upbringing I've seen lots of fights.  They never go like the person selling the martial arts training says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.