02 June 2016

Way To Go GM

We should not single out General Motors here either.  Most car makers have done this to us.

There's some buttons on either side of the instrument cluster on my Corvette.

The bottom two buttons are no longer illuminated.

The buttons work fine, they just don't light up at night.

Each button is illuminated by a single 12v 7219 incandescent bulb soldered to a circuit board.

I know this because I took the switch assembly apart.

GM lists the assembly for almost $70, you're not supposed to take it apart.  Ever.

There are places discounting the MSRP down to about $45.

Think about that.  $45 to repair two dead bulbs.

I found a 10 pack of those bulbs on Amazon for a whopping $8.50.

Grumble.  Mutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.