11 March 2012

Pain Is Relative

The pain from the abscess in my nose woke me up from a sound sleep and had me popping Advil like it was going out of style.

Nominally the pain from my crippled leg is far worse.  Imagine hitting your shin with a ball-peen hammer as hard as you can five or six times a minute.  That's my right leg.

After twenty years of that I can function without even thinking about it.  It's always there, of course, but there's little that can be done about it.

The war on drugs made going without pain management easier than jumping through the hoops at the VA to get a prescription.  There was simply no way to avoid an office visit to get a refill.

Perhaps times have changed and they can admit that someone in my situation will need those pills for the rest of their life and just issue refills on request.  I dunno, I don't check.

What I do know is my nose hurts far less than my leg; but it bothers me more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.