30 May 2020

Like A Trained Ape

Without the training.

For many months I have been unable to see The Mac from my Win7 laptop.

I'd been blaming a Windows update, but noticed that The Lovely Harvey's nearly identical machine running the exact same version of Windows was having no trouble connecting.

Turns out I'd managed to break something in the network settings while trying to connect to a friend's network-shared printer while I was in Iowa last June.

JT came over today and found a couple of settings on The Mac which were making it harder to diagnose the situation and many settings on Crispy that kept it from seeing The Mac.

Like all experts, he made it look easy.

I could tell from the look on his face and furrowed brow that I'd done an unusual job of messing things up.

He also mentioned it was refreshing that I owned right up to being the likely reason it was screwed up.

THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.