28 May 2020

Reshaped

The nice folks at Spencer's Western World in Pinellas Park told me to stop by and talk to their hat person, Larry, either yesterday or this evening.

I wanted to make sure I got it the way it's supposed to be and Larry said that he though he had it, and if I was willing to hang around for fifteen minutes he could knock it out with my feedback.

So I did!


That's how it's supposed to be, mostly.  The brim dips a wee bit too much and interferes with the sights on my Krag.  But that's something I'm confident enough to fix.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Looks good.

    I hate how in modern service the Stetson has become the hat you only break out for special stuff and must always be perfect.

    No! The Stetson was worn in the field. While chasing the Indians!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was light brown when they were chasing Indians...

      But it's a working hat, not a dress hat.

      For God's sake the official name for the thing is "slouch hat".

      The enlisted dress hat was a kepi! The officer's dress hat... WOW... How many ostriches died for that again?

      Delete
  2. You need some period correct eyewear to complete the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Angus;

    You look sufficiently grumpy, LOL Looks good

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.