27 May 2020

No Sir I Don't Like It

Google announced that they'd be forcing us to the "new" Blogger in late June.

I gave it a short test drive.

The main change I saw was in the list of posts.  The added a giant letter from the first letter of the title, unless there's picture in the post, then they use that.

It puts about six posts where you can see them instead of 20.

The new design means a lot more scrolling to get to a post to see it.

Everything is going to icons.  You can hover to see what they mean, but...  If I have to hover, the meaning of the icon is unclear.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I saw that notification too. Gave the new and "improved" option a try, didn't care for it either. Less info taking up more space. WTF?!? At least they did grandfather-in the "legacy" format option aka the "regular" one, the one we use now, which I like a whole lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the new Blogger is going to be default, but the old version will still be available.

    Changing software just to make it look cool and different is stupid and annoying. I am OK with actually making it better or more functional.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.