07 May 2020

Once More From The Top

UGH! at the link.

1. The firearm is always loaded.
2. Don't point it at something you wanna keep.
3. Double check that there isn't something you wanna keep behind what you wanna shoot.
4. Keep your booger hook off the bang switch unless you mean it.

I learned those rules before I joined the Army and I know they taught them to us in Basic.

I find it hard to believe that The Marines don't do likewise.

SGT Gallagher was doubtlessly taught the four rules and trained on them... and promptly forgot every single one of them in the process of playing grab-ass with his roomie.

I find little to no sympathy for him.

Just as I ask for no sympathy for my own negligent discharge.  Happily, I only hurt some drywall.

I was lucky and I learned a lot from my mistake.  I suspect that SGT Gallagher will absorb the same lesson and have lots of time to contemplate it from a jail cell.

Better to learn from our mistakes and follow them damn rules to the letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.