02 May 2020

Pattern 1908 And Or M1913 Cavalry Swords

Still uses Melee Weapon - Broadsword.

They're TL6 weapons which doesn't buy us much.

In essence, they're estocs with partial basket hilts.

Stats as per the estoc on p.66 of Low Tech except $625 from the addition of the hilt.

The pattern 1912 officer's sword should be the same except fine quality and it runs $2,125.

I'd forgotten that I'd managed to get some proficiency with the pattern 1908.

Not a single one of these swords I've used handles similarly enough for me to say they use the same skill.

I'm going to go applying the firearms familiarity penalty to change lines on the weapons table.

3 comments:

  1. And don't forget that the Model 1913 Cavalry Sword , commonly referred to as the Patton Saber, was a cavalry sword designed for the U.S. Army by Second Lieutenant (later General) George S. Patton in 1913. Patton suggested the revision from a curved sword and edge and cutting technique to a thrusting style of attack, following his extensive training in France.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a former tanker, trust me, I know who made the M1913!

      Delete
  2. I had a replica "Patton" model I'd have been willing to sell you for a lot less, but some scumbag stole it.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.