15 May 2020

Pack Rat Save

Two years ago, when The Precious' HVAC started having issues, I flipped the coin and replaced the HVAC control module.  It turned out that the controller wasn't the problem but the Body Control Module.

The replacement was from ebay and was an open-box AC-Delco replacement.

The display occasionally goes blank, but tapping the screen brings it back.

The thing troubling me lately has been it showing 77˚ no matter what the outside temp was.

So I tried a new outside temperature sensor.  No change.

Checked the resistance at the B terminal.  Good.

The next step is a Tech-2 and measuring counts.

Since one of the solutions listed is always "bad HVAC controller" I put my old one back in.

Voila!  Display works right.

3 comments:

  1. Heh heh heh. I love little stories like this. Makes me feel so much better about my own hoarding issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd saved it because the buttons still had all their paint.

      Delete
  2. It's not hoarding if it's usable.

    It's just 'chaotic organization.'

    Said every tool hoarder ever born.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.