23 May 2018

I'm Better And I Know Best Because I Got Military Training

BOW BEFORE ME MORTALS!

Because I'm really, really good at cleaning toilets, buffing floors and picking up cigarette butts.

I also know how to mow lawns.

I can make beds and iron clothes.

What, you meant combat skills?

I can put a 120mm round into a tank target at 5km.

I can mow down infantry with a coaxial machinegun.

I can break track and do a complete PMCS on an M1 series main battle tank.

Well, I could.  Judging from pictures, there's been some changes to my mount over the years, so I might have to break out the book to do some of what I used to know by heart.

While I was "trained" in the use of a pistol and rifle (and SMG) I don't think those skills were worth much since they were all super simple tables at short ranges.  We were expected to crew tanks after all.

5 comments:

  1. But you got the basic skills... THOSE count for something. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for shame, what you know by heart is to always break out the book (engineering changes, corrections made etc.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't get one update to our books the entire time I was there.

      Delete
  3. Then shame goes to QA, Maint. Officer and CO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's because of where I was stationed and when. I got to the unit for the last trip to the field with the M60A3(TTS), those were replaced by M1(IP) and then M1A1(HA).

      We were rid of the Pattons so any updates went to the next owners.
      We didn't have the M1(IP) long enough for the next round of updates to get there and the M1A1(HA) had up to date books with the delivery.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.