19 July 2016

What A Bother

The Lovely Harvey's dearly beloved 15" MacBook Pro (mid 2007) took a dump Sunday night.

The hard drive utterly failed.  Complete data loss.

Happily, she's keeps her files backed up and she lost very little.

Also happily, because I have the carcasses of my mid-2007 and early-2008 15" MacBook Pro's here I have parts!  What's dead on both of mine is the logic board.

So she got a less worn keyboard and a new hard drive.

To let you know how long my mid-2007 has been dead, the drive was a fresh install of 10.5.8 that I did when I made it my spare machine.

I put the new drive in, updated to 10.6.8 then updated to 10.11.6.

Then ran two rounds of updates, installed Chrome and Thunderbird and that's where we are for the newly named "Revenant".

This machine is probably going to end up spare and we're going to transition her back to Windows 7 and a refurbished Lenovo T420.  She uses Win7 at work, so it will basically be a smooth transition.

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes tell myself I need to quit being a pack rat and throw all the old junk away....then stuff like this happens and I am thankful i don't throw anything away that might be reused.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.