03 March 2022

Found The Problem

The Lovely Harvey's job consists mainly of teleconferences.

Because she splits between her mom's and here, it's imperative that the internet be robust.

Ours has been spotty and I have finally exhausted all of the possibilities that it's on my end.

Frontier did all their remote testing and discovered that my router is the culprit.

Ever since Frontier bought out Verizon FIOS in my area I was officially a 50/50 mbps customer, but was throttled by the legacy Verizon router, that has just become unreliable, to 25/25.

They offered me a new one.  But that would make it the fourth router of this model I've had since they took over.

If I upgrade my speed I will cease being a legacy customer and actually get the speeds promised.

For a net $5 more a month I can get 500/500 speeds.

They get here Saturday to do the upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.