29 March 2022

Weeeeee

Well, it looks like it's going to be simple to check the speaker wiring when I put in the radio box.

Step 1: Take entire dash apart...

The service manual doesn't phrase it that way, but the radio is under a cover which edges are under two other parts which edges are under two other parts each, and so on.

Removing parts to get to fasteners is the main deal.

Not sure about the remove the shifter part of this.  If I really do have to take the exhaust apart to get at the shifter bolts just to get the surround around the radio controls off...  that's stupid even for GM.  Others have shown work-arounds.

GM doesn't consider the shifter to be something you can take apart.  If the portion blocking the surround's removal can be removed with the rest of the shifter in the car, that's where I'm headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.