24 March 2022

I Regret That Link

The link to Vice I put in the DARWIN post...

Matthew Gault didn't even do a quick Google, Bing, Duck-Duck-Go or Brave search for the term Fudd.

He got it so wrong.

That's what happens when you try to use a community's terms for its own members when you're decidedly not a member yourself.

For fuck's sake, a Fudd is far closer to being a "normie" (a term I've never seen US use about ourselves) in the gun culture than someone who holds their cock at gunpoint.

But, should Mr Gault search his name and land here:

The Fudds are the stick-in-mud hunters and sportsmen of the gun world.  The kind that don't see a need for a non-hunting gun or something that holds more than five rounds.  They used to the the mainstream of gun ownership.

As concealed carry and modern sporting rifles gained in popularity they stopped being the mainstream and have been moved to the fringe.

Heck, I think they'd be even more likely to call the aim at your nuts challenge people idiots than the mainstream.

1 comment:

  1. I rather enjoyed the laughs that reading part of the linked... thing gave me.

    As I contemplated whether to categorize this thing as an example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect in full glory or an example of a writer whose head is so far up his fourth point of contact that his bile duct is splashing his eyes (and boy, is his bile duct working overtime!), I decided to embrace the healing power of "and."

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.