20 March 2022

E2 Upgrade

The strut, spring and retainer on Willard's P220 are called the "New Style".

The strut, spring, retainer and retainer pin on my P220 are called, obviously enough, the "Old Style".

Both sets of parts are getting to be unobtanium, but fear naught!

Reader Danny pointed out that the old frame sure looks like it will accept the newer parts.

He was correct!

What is available now and backwards compatible to older guns is known as the E2 upgrade.

It's very similar to the new style but with a longer strut and shorter retainer using the same spring.

Because I can't find the damn spring in the same place as the other two parts, I'm paying $9 more in shipping than I would otherwise for this upgrade experiment.

But $35 overall isn't bad and new springs are often a good idea anyways.

Reputedly, the E2 kit improves the trigger pull too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.