08 March 2022

P220 Range Test

Took my P220 to the range.  Picked up another 8-round magazine for it too.

The first time I've been shooting since I slammed The Precious into the tree.

When you don't use your on-hand for much for a month and a half, you do lose some fine control, and that affects your shooting.

100 rounds later...

I'm a bit wild.

It tends to fire low unless I take a LOT of time to line up the shot.  Since the tritium is completely dead, I think I will get some replacement sights and will consider a shorter front sight.

I am fighting my glasses again too.  I'd managed to overcome that and lack of practice has atrophied the skill learned already.

Looks like more range time is needed.

With a fresh target I tried some Mozambique drills.  I was getting heart, heart throat instead of heart, heart, brain.  That's from fighting the glasses, I've encountered this problem before.

By the end of the 100 rounds it was quite dirty and the slide was noticeably slow when chambering the first round from the magazine.  Only one malfunction and that was me not making sure the magazine was fully seated when I did a "start with the chamber loaded, hammer down" drill.

At the end of the day, I prefer the M&P 45C to the P210 and I'm not even giving up capacity to carry a smaller gun.

The wood stock hits painfully on the second joint of my thumb, but that's not really an issue until about 40 rounds in.  If I were to carry it like I carry my other full-size pistols, in a Miami Classic, there would only be 25 rounds with me.  29 with the M&P 45C...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.