18 March 2022

Pinnacle

I am sitting here thinking heresy.

That the ultimate development of the 1911 pattern occurred in 1926 when they chambered it in .38 caliber.

The penultimate development were the changes from the M1911 to M1911A1.

Going back to flat mainspring housings and long triggers is retrograde.

Changing the dimensions isn't all bad, but it's not necessarily good.

But I dearly love my Gov't Model in .38 Super.

Even if I don't pack it in favor of lighter guns.

But I notice that The Beast is not near so carry unfriendly as The Precious was.  Being intended for use by a uniformed officer wearing a gun-belt tends to leave more room for IWB carry.  I have several excellent holsters for a 1911, so I might just start packing it again and get some yellowing on my pig-tooth ivory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.