02 July 2016

Saved By The Digital Nanny

I believe myself to be a better than middlin' driver.

I have a couple of certificates to show that I've taken some classes and receipts for running in races and autocrosses (track day, Brah?).

I leave the active handling and traction control engaged.

Why?

Because when 436 hp breaks loose the rear tires they're LOOSE and I'm 45˚ off center before I can counter-steer.  Then when you back off the tires grab and you're now 45˚ pointed wrong.

The traction control and active handling will cut the power for you and tap the brake on the offending wheels.  Instead of a 45 degree fishtail, you get a thud of lost power then you can resume your travels.

It's faster than recovering from the drift!

2 comments:

  1. I remember almost crashing the rental Vette with the traction control off. You aren't joking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was watching you trying to recover that. I figured for sure you'd bought a wrecked Vette, but you managed to save it.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.