20 February 2020

I Forgot Star Wars

Role playing in the Star Wars universe has been difficult.

You have just one person who wants to play a Jedi and the other players end up playing their entourage.

If nobody wants to be a Jedi they rapidly began complaining that there wasn't much going on unless they got involved with the rebellion, and then they complained that they got killed a lot.  "Let's just play Traveller," got said more than once when nobody was a Jedi.

If everyone wants to be a Jedi you end up with them getting bored because it's too easy or complaining that it's too hard.

Never mind that Star Wars isn't really science fiction.

It's a fantasy world with a technology looking shell.

I will grant that I have not played since the expanded universe became populated and well before the prequels hit theaters.

There's more there there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.