24 February 2020

Not The Least Reason

I've got the local sheriff's feed on my Facebook.

They post "help us identify" pictures of suspects who've been shoplifting.

Often there's a description of the crime and the suspect's egress.

Such as, "The suspect fled from the store and was last seen running on the North side of the building and jumping a fence into the wooded area."

Among the many reasons I am not a thief is the inability to make such a dynamic escape.

Mine would read, "The suspect fled from the store seven hours ago and still be seen hobbling on the North side of the building."

Happily, police response time is more than short enough to apprehend slug-a-beds such as me.

Of course, the main reason I'm not a thief is that stealing is wrong.

You don't even have to run when you've paid for what you want with money.

The time cost of theft is prohibitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.