22 February 2020

There Go My NCRS Points

I mounted an Elite Engineering PCV catch can on The Precious this afternoon.

These instructions and these instructions are merely guides.

You will have to figure it out on your own based on what your engine compartment looks like.

I couldn't use the first set because the outlet hits the air-box silencer.

I couldn't use the second set because my heater hoses are in the way.

I ended up having to cut the corner of my coil covers to let it sit where I've put it.


Now I get to see how much oil I'm blowing overboard through the PCV valve.

By the way:  The soda straw looking line that the car came with was no longer even remotely flexible.


3 comments:

  1. Yeah, those ribbed plastic connectors might have been flexible when installed at the factory but after a few years of engine heat and temperature swings become brittle as the devil. Run into this constantly with my VW wrenching. To the point that I pre-order a replacement when working on the fuel systems cause there is no way to remove things without disconnecting at least one end of those pipes, assuming you can even turn them enough to unlatch the end without grenading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also wondering why the little release tabs were placed to be hidden rather than on top where they could easily be unhooked by someone looking to replace it.

      Delete
  2. That is a feature to the manufacturer, not a bug. The more you break the more they sell.
    Uncle Murphy probably has a say in that as he works at GM (while moonlighting in Mexico and my workshop).

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.