14 August 2021

Chicken Or Egg

I am not sure if the sensor is better (and it is) or if I'm just learning to light things so the sensor and its software can figure it out.

I have noticed that purple things are actually purple in the image with the M50 where they came out red or blue with the S5IS.

Canon S5IS: f/3.2; 6mm; 1/60"; ISO 80.  Looking pretty blue.

 
Canon EOS M50 with EF-M 15-45mm IS STM: f/4.5; 26mm; 1/60"; ISO 125.

The newer camera just does better, as it should!

I'm leaning on it being the sensor because I am merely an egg when it comes to photography.

There's so much to Grok.

2 comments:

  1. When I did film photography I had a splotchy gray backdrop. I also had a Macbeth chart. The first frame was always that chart. Then the rest of the photos.

    The reason was too allow the processing people to set the white balance correctly which then works too set the color balance.

    They messed it up almost every time. And I would have to get it reprinted. Didn't matter who or where, they messed it up on the first try

    Your digital camera has the same color balance and white balance magic in it. Unless you can lock that down your colors will be a guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think that someone at Canon saw my pictures and said, "this is our average customer, make so they don't have to know everything to take a good shot."

      I've long used the "Program" setting rather than the fully automatic setting. I've played with the manual setting some, and I hear that once you learn what all the settings do, and master them, you'll never go back.

      I've a long ways to go before I'm there.

      I'm still all goopy about how good APS-C pics are compared to the old sensor in the SX20 and almost afraid to see if a full frame is that much better.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.