28 August 2021

WTF PSA

When you would slowly close the bolt on Brenda the BEBoG carbine, it'd hang up just as the gas tube entered the gas key.

That's a symptom of a misaligned barrel nut.

This sort of thing can cause stoppages once the gun gets good an warm.

Luckily, I have the tools to properly align the barrel nut.

What I did not expect is for the barrel nut to be so overtorqued.  They went almost a full tooth past where they needed to go with it.

It's fixed now, and doesn't appear to have lost zero comparing the co-witness of the red-dot with the irons.

I will have to hit the range to confirm that, of course.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard complaints about PSA overtorqueing barrel nuts before. I guess this would tend to confirm that.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.