31 August 2021

WIthout Words

You're getting GURPS minutia because I am pissed off beyond words about what happened with our withdrawal from Afghanistan and what's going to be happening here because of the unvetted importation of people who've no wish, let alone ability, to become Americans once they arrive.

I had hope for 20 years that we could create the conditions that would allow them to remain Afghans and in Afghanistan.

It was a vain hope.  I didn't really expect it to work, and I often thought that it didn't even have a chance because we kept making the assumption that there was an American in the Afghan trying to get out.

There wasn't.  There isn't.

We kept trying to impose stupid shit on them that doesn't even fly HERE, and we're a lot more open to such ideas.

I fear that a lot of good people are going to be eating a barrel soon because the question "What did I fight for, what did my friends die for?" is going to be paramount in their minds.  The answer is going to come back, "Less than we started with; because we imported a lot of them here."

How do I know bringing Afghans here to remain Afghans will be a clusterfuck?

Ethiopians remain Ethiopian in Minnesota, and it's a clusterfuck.

I am sick of America being the dumping ground for this shit and not being able to impose MY culture on these new immigrants colonists and having to tolerate them outside their little, ever expanding, enclaves while they impose their cultural norms on me.

My anger does not extend to any immigrant who learned our ways and has joined us as an American.

My Italian forbears were such.  Italians had to endure conditions not far removed from racial bigotry to become accepted as just another funny last-name in America, but they did it by melting into the crucible and joining the alloy which makes America great while discarding the slag which would weaken it.

Everyone forgets that the melting pot is a crucible and not a stew-pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.