14 August 2021

Robert Peel Would Be Ashamed

As a matter of fact, I am the police when it comes to protecting my property because the cops ain't going to do shit.

To advise me to call the police and hope is akin to telling a rape victim to "lie back and think of England."

Wanna know what I want?

Change the laws in the true spirit of "property isn't worth dying for" and let me shoot the thief from a safe distance.

I am comfortable with the moral position that a trespasser who's stealing has forfeited their life.  Does a Hell of a job preventing recidivism too!

The law protecting thieves is unjust and immoral.

And don't cop out and say, "that's what insurance is for."  Insurance rarely covers the replacement value of most things... unless you pay enough to replace them every 90 days.  I checked.

Insurance, also, does not replace the sentimental value of a cherished item; even assuming I can find an exact replacement.

1 comment:

  1. "Property isn't worth dying over." That statement works more for those who are stealing than those who actually own the property.

    As to "That's what you have insurance for," well, sure, if I am a multimillionaire and can afford, as you said, the insurance. Of course, if I can afford that level of insurance I can pretty much afford the replacement out of my pocket. (Except for silly irreplaceable objects like real paintings and certain other fine art objects.)

    Touch my stuff and, as you say, there will be trouble. I only have so much stuff. The van I drive will probably be the last vehicle I will ever own. She's my baby, and I'll kill to keep her.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.