21 August 2021

That's Not Piss In Your Pocket

The internet went out in my entire neighborhood for my carrier.

The lengths the online chat person took to deny that it was more than just my house was actually impressive.

I got a text at 0804 this morning indicating that the outage the chat-bot denied existed had been resolved.

I learned that I can exist without the internet, but I've got some real habits about using it that I kept trying to activate while watching videos.

Like compulsively checking IMDB and IMFDB.

On the gripping hand, I'm finally watching the complete collection of The Rockford Files.

Jim Rockford's adventures, by the way, have aged pretty well.

2 comments:

  1. That was a great show. The one thing watching one of those episodes is that even as messed up as you could tell LA was back then, how much downhill it has gone since then. A person almost could have lived there back in those days, now, no f-ing way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "on the gripping hand" --love SF references, and those two (Pournelle and Niven) were the best.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.