18 November 2021

CM-11

I really don't keep up with military technology like I used to when Twlight: 2000 was speculative fiction rather than alternate history.

But, occasionally, when I'm double checking something for my GURPS conversion I find something interesting.

Taiwan has an M60A3 tank hull sporting an M48A3 turret with an M1 Abrams fire-control in it.

This made a record scritching noise when I read it.

Why not put the M1 fire-control in the M60A3 turret that came with the hull?

Nobody is answering this question in their write-ups about the thing.

It's probably a simple explanation too.

1 comment:

  1. I'd guess configuration of the internal space. Since they most certainly added additional external armor, it hardly matters what the core support was as long as there was space for the "new stuff".

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.