18 November 2021

DR-200

I bought this gun new in 1995.  It had an atrocious thumbhole stock on it, but I fixed that with an Ace Ltd. fixed stock and pistol grip.  The lack of bayonet lug was solved with a clamp-on unit I originally bought for my L1A1.

This pic was snapped some time before April 21, 2007, but the old Kodak DC3200 recorded every picture with the date of 31DEC99.

Not once in the 12 years I owned it did it fail to function.  It even worked with the worn out USGI surplus magazines that failed to work in Kaylee.  People look to Israel for weapons that work, but I think that South Korea might be a better arbiter.  Their situation is just as existential, but their potential foes are far more serious about the craft.

It had its down sides, though.

The front sight was WIDE and occluded far too much of the target at anything beyond 50m.

The main reason I soured on it was the utter lack of parts support when Kimber of Clackamas, Oregon went tits up.

I lived in fear of something breaking and having no way of fixing it.

So, being a good hot-rodder, I traded it to a buddy for a cat-back exhaust system for my '91 Biscayne!

My buddy traded it to Mark Serbu for a Super-Shorty shotgun.

Everyone wins! 

Every once and a while I check to see what a Daewoo is running.  They're damn rich for my blood.

3 comments:

  1. South Korea was the first to make a truly good M1 Carbine magazine that was reloadable and wasn't basically disposable, something that even defeated the US of A for a long time. Korean mags are the go-to amongst many Carbine afficionados.

    They do good work. Kind of like if you took a Japanese manufacturer with an Israeli designer and merged them together. They think outside of the box quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those Daewoos back in the day but never chose to act on it.

    jrg

    ReplyDelete
  3. had one back in the day, pre ban, traded a hk94 for it when both were 600 bucks. miss both of them now. that daewoo was accurate as heck, and reliable even though i drug it thru swamps and never cleaned it. they took all the best features of the ak and m16 and several other of the best rifles of the day and merged them together. great gun,much underrated.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.