21 November 2021

The Potential

S&W has just released the M&P in 10mm.

I have a case of kinda-wants.

But an alternative that's just as alluring to me has occurred.

.38 Super.

It needs a pistol that takes the longer overall length that .45 ACP and 10mm have.

L -> R: .45 ACP, .38 Super, 10mm Auto

Glock and S&W both make a .45/10mm versions of their plastic fantastic pistols now.

There's no reason that they don't make a .38 Super variation except a perceived lack of interest.  Really just need a new barrel and magazine.

I think I shall write a letter or an email.

I think a .38 Super M&P would be delightful as the .45 version fits my hand well.

4 comments:

  1. If you’re going to go big, and obscure, 9x23 is where it’s at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they make the .38 Super then 9x23mm is simple.

      .38 Super is positively mainstream by comparison.

      Delete
  2. There are companies that make Glock caliber conversion barrels. I don't know of any that do .38 Super though. There are ones like .40 S&W to .357 Sig or 9x19. No reason I can see that they couldn't do a 10mm to .38 Super like you say, if there was a market for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem will be magazines. .38 Super is narrower than 10mm, so even if you have a barrel, you're going to need a magazine with a narrower mouth.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.