25 November 2021

That's It I'm Out

I have finished watching the first season of Apple TV's Foundation.

It is emphatically not the Foundation I read in high school.

Worse.  It's just not that good.

It's very pretty, of course, but every time they show the sky over Terminus I scream, "IS THERE NO ROCHE LIMIT IN THIS UNIVERSE!?!"

I gutted it out to the end of the season and I don't think I will be returning for the second.

I don't care about the two main characters.

It's not because they're black women.

Did you know they're black women?  Entertainment media sure wants to make sure you do know that.

It's because they're not interesting characters.

I like the bit about the Emperors, but even that is getting old by the end.  An empire ruled by such petulant bitches deserves to die in a fire.

I was kind of excited to see them get to The Mule, but they've fucked it so hard so far that they can fuck up The Mule without me watching them do it.

1 comment:

  1. Wait. So 'Foundation' isn't about a bunch of eggheads sequestered on the far edge of habited space far away from the core worlds so that when the Collapse occurs, science and technology will survive? And that research into why things collapse can hopefully create a non-collapse state?

    And the way the Foundation eggheads sprinkle their knowledge and manipulate the fallen worlds is by using 'free traders' who serve as spies, as sources of technology and as Foundation's Navy (since big naval ships would be tad noticable and draw attention to the planet?)

    Color me unsurprised. They did a 'Disney' on it. The names are the same but the plot has been changed to protect the innocent.

    I liked the foundationists. Sensible people doing sensible things in an unsensible world. And I'm sure it's one of the things that Mark Miller based his Imperium upon in Traveller.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.