29 November 2021

Phil Probably Has A Car That Uses These


Does anyone know what these glass domes are for in the dash of a Bentley Blower?

I feel like I used to know what those things did...

It'd be amusing to find that they're just lights.

Oh, read about the car they're from here.


  1. To me it looks like they may be oil or fuel indicators. If fluid is flowing, then you're good. If not, well...

  2. Just a wild guess but they look like oil flow sight glasses.
    And no, not even the Sprite is thàt old.

  3. Beans and Phil called it correctly, they are oil flow indicators.


  4. The old Hart-Parr tractor engines had these to regulate the water injection into the cylinders.


You are a guest here when you comment. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work.

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.