19 November 2021

Shotty

For years, my 870 Express looked like this:

Originally it was a 28" vent-rib Remchoke gun I got from Bett's Hardware in Des Moines.  I hired Jacobson's Gun Center in Story City, Iowa to put a cylinder bore 20" barrel and the Sage ghost-ring sights on her.  I did the magazine extension.

It did yeoman's work as a trap and field gun in addition to checking off the "you should own a shotgun" box on the "guns you're supposed to own" list.

I'm much more a rifle shooter.

While mostly reliable, my 870 would bind up because that forend would swell with humidity changes.

Happily, Magpul made weather independent plastic furniture for it!

Still, something was missing.

A place to put my bayonet!

S&J Hardware in Canada hooked me up.

I've probably mentioned all of this before, but I found that old pic of her...

1 comment:

  1. I need to get the 'net lug and 'net for my home defense gun, which is all tacticooled by it's previous owner. And some sort of rear sight or red-dot for the thing.

    Soon's as I have me some moneys...

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.