27 April 2022

Finished Before I Began

I haven't even turned one wrench and I am done with this shit.

To install the GPS and XM antennas I need to drop the headliner.

To do that I have to get the trim off the A, B and C pillars.

To get the C pillar trim off I need to take off the rear side moulding.

To get the rear side moulding off I need to remove the rear seat.


To get at the radio I need to remove ten things to expose it.

Essentially, it's remove the whole fucking interior of the car to get at the fucking radio and run the wires for the antennas.

So much for starting with a simple project.

Oh and since there's airbags everywhere in this fucking thing, disarm and disconnect at every turn.

2 comments:

  1. Knowing how to do it is half the battle.

    LOL. That's a crock of shit !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go research Xtrons (they are in the UK). I installed one of their units in a 2005 VW Passat wagon and was able to run the rear view camera under the carpets and side metal compartments using a wire snake and a lot of cussing.
    The GPS antenna just glues to the center of the dashboard right against the windshield with double face sticky pad.
    All the wiring came with an adapter that mated to my existing VW wiring. A lot of cussing due to lack of space but it was doable and I did not need to remove any trim. Their units are not cheap and I honestly don't know if they cater to the Australian market, but they might. I don't have any relationship to the company beyond being a customer.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.