09 April 2022

The VE And WM Are The Same From The B-Pillar Forward

Here's a vid of a couple of my Aussie brethren wrenching on their VE Commodore.


OK, this job isn't scary at all!  Corvettes have given me PTSD about wrenching.

Everything I've checked out mechanically is almost always more straight forward than the Vette.

The big exception is the rear wheel-bearings.  Those need multiple hydraulic press operations to get all the parts out and back in.  It's still fairly straight-forward though.

1 comment:

  1. Where's the camber adjuster on that front suspension?

    I assumed that one of the two strut to knuckle bolts is an eccentric, but I didn't see any care taken to get the right bolt in the right hole at the right orientation.

    Is it possible that the front camber is not adjustable?

    Never mind - I researched it, and there is a separate bolt to adjust camber once the strut bolts are loosened.
    It seems to be missing in the video, although you can see the hole where it goes from about 1:06.

    On another note, I have been doing the rounds of the wreckers here looking for a reversing camera - no joy so far.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.